Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Erik Lindegren <er...@marlis.org> on 2006/03/20 14:05:29 UTC

jmeter stops sending requests

I have a strange problem with jmeter at the moment.
I'm trying to overload an apache  server on my local network.
I'm using 3 computers: one for the apache server, and the remaining
two for running remote jmeter servers.

When I've been running my test for about 40-50s both of the jmeter
servers stop sending http-requests to the apache server.After about
30-40s the jmeter servers start  sending requests again, but after a
while they go down again, and so it continues.

First I thought the problem was with the jmeter test plan, that it
was too cpu-consuming, but I setup a much more simple test plan and
the same problem still occured. As soon as I used both jmeter-
servers, they stopped sending requests after a while. When I use one
jmeter-server at the time, I have never gotten this problem.

Have anyone any idea of what the problem might be?
I would be very thankful for any help at all!

Just one more thing, when a jmeter test thread sends a http-request,
does it wait for an ACK before sending a new request?

//Erik

Re: jmeter stops sending requests

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/03/06, Erik Lindegren <er...@marlis.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally found the problem, and of course it didn't have anything to
> do with jmeter :) The problem was that the computer I was running my
> apache server on had ip connection tracking enabled. It has an upper
> limit on how many connections it can track, and I exceeded that for
> some reason when I used two jmeter-servers. The strange thing is that
> I never saw the problem when I run one jmeter-server, even if I
> managed to load the server just as much as I did with two?

The default HTTP protocol implementation does its own connection pooling.

It's likely that two pools will need more connections than one.

> You may find the upper limit here:
>
> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max
>
> I just turned the ip connection tracking off, and the problem
> disappeared. The ip_conntrack was built as a module on my system so I
> turned it off by removing the ip_conntrack.o file.
>
> The reason why I didn't find this problem earlier is that I don't
> have root privileges on my machines, so I had to get hold of a person
> who has. And after having a look in the messages log file, the
> problem was more obvious.
>
> Thank you for all your help!

Thanks for letting us know the problem has been resolved.

Http proxy server name disappears when we record a script

Posted by ramandeep singh <ra...@induslogic.com>.
Hi Friends,

I have been trying to record a script for one user and then schedule the
activity for 150 users, when I stop the proxy by clicking stop, the http
request I have been recording in the Thread group, I am wondering why this
is happening. I have attached the snapshot for reference.

The second amazing thing which is happening is that Jmeter closes abruptly
when I schedule the task for 100 users for 3 hours. Is there a better way of
doing this? Please suggest.

Regards,

Ramandeep

Re: jmeter stops sending requests