Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jim <gp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/13 23:16:01 UTC

Axis or SOAP...

I was interested in evaluating for use Apache
Java class libraries for SOAP/WSDL.  My questions are
the following:

  o Should I be using Axis or SOAP?
  o Does the SOAP project supercede the Axis project?

Which should I be using.  I will investigate both, but
was just wondering if .  Thanks to any and all for help...

-JK

PS: This question posted to both axis-user and soap-user,
thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Axis or SOAP...

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.
Axis supercedes the soap project, as written on both the Axis home page
and the SOAP home page.  (Actually, it says that Axis is the "follow-on"
project to SOAP)

Re: Axis or SOAP...

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You should use Axis.  It continues to evolve to support new and updated standards.  Notably, it supports WSDL 1.1 and JAX-RPC, the latter implying that you could use Axis now and decide to switch to another implementation in the future if necessary.

Apache SOAP supports SOAP 1.1 and SOAP with Attachments only.  It is supported, but there is very little development.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.