Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2011/06/21 04:34:12 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Release manager for 3.0.x

Hi all,

haven't heard a lot of feedback, but I'd like to take this proposal to
the community. I'd like for us to have a release manager for the v3.0.x
branch, to help make 3.0.x releases in a timely manner without affecting
our continuing development efforts on trunk. Note that this does not
change anything really, other than helping us having a point of contact.
Votes still has to happen on all 3.0.x releases, after backported bugs
have been reviewed etc.  Also, anyone can of course still prepare a
release, and put it up for votes, having a PM does not exclude anyone
from making a release as necessary.

I've heard one person willing to take on this role, Igor Galic, and I'd
like to second his nomination for this role. If there are other
nominations, please post them to this thread, and we'll vote on it. And
of course, if there are concerns with this proposal, bring it up as well
for discussion (and then perhaps a vote).

Cheers,

-- leif

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release manager for 3.0.x

Posted by Ray Rivera <ra...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 !

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> haven't heard a lot of feedback, but I'd like to take this proposal
> the community. I'd like for us to have a release manager for the
> v3.0.x
> branch, to help make 3.0.x releases in a timely manner without
> affecting
> our continuing development efforts on trunk. Note that this does not
> change anything really, other than helping us having a point of
> contact.
> Votes still has to happen on all 3.0.x releases, after backported
> bugs
> have been reviewed etc.  Also, anyone can of course still prepare a
> release, and put it up for votes, having a PM does not exclude anyone
> from making a release as necessary.
>
> I've heard one person willing to take on this role, Igor Galic, and
> I'd
> like to second his nomination for this role. If there are other
> nominations, please post them to this thread, and we'll vote on it.
> And
> of course, if there are concerns with this proposal, bring it up as
> well
> for discussion (and then perhaps a vote).

As nobody protested or in fact said a thing, I defaulted to lazy
consent and just went ahead and did.
However I still highly welcome suggestions for improvements

The wiki has a short and sweet on where the pressure points are:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/3.0.x-Series

A note in passing, some of the backports proposed in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&customfield_12310271=12316365
n.b.: A number of these have not been proposed in STATUS,
or fixed for that matter :)

> Cheers,
>
> -- leif

So long,