Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pradeep Kumar <pr...@palindromesoftware.com> on 2009/04/01 10:11:56 UTC

How to change the product price (i.e. discount) based on the customer

Hi all,

       I am having a requirement that, In my app i  need to change the
product price based on the customer( i.e on their roles).
For example: if customer is the normal customer (i.e having role "CUSTOMER")
then the product price for him is say 10 USD
if the customer is a retailer (i.e having role "RETAIL_CUSTOMER") then the
product price for him is say 6 USD.

How to do this in ofbiz?
Is there any standard way?

--
With regards,
S K Pradeep kumar

Re: How to change the product price (i.e. discount) based on the customer

Posted by cjhorton <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is supported in OFBiz as Price Rules.  You can set these up in the Back
office/Catalog Component under Price Rules. Under the Conditions you will
set a condition for the product and another for the Role Type you want the
customer to have.  I believe you will have to enter the RoleTypeId and not
the description(some are different..all upper case/etc.) so check the
RoleType entity to be sure.

Also, check out the following article:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Products

The following is especially important from the article:

"If there is no list price, then no price rules will be run for the product.
The default price will be returned as the price for the product. In
addition, competitive price and average cost will be returned as additional
available information, in case the calling application uses it."

-CJ