Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Arthur Burkart <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/02 22:01:32 UTC

Pear Installer User's Guide

Can someone provide an example of how I'd do the following?
*
*
*"For instance<http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-incubating/docs/html/tools/tools.html#ugr.tools.pear.installer>,
if you want to run your component in the Collection Processing Engine
Configurator GUI application, you need to add the environment variables
settings from the component's *setenv.txt* file to the *cpeGui.bat
(cpeGui.sh)* script file in the *<UIMA_HOME>/bin directory." -UIMA Tools
Guide and Reference (Chapter 8)

I guess I don't understand what exactly to take out of the setenv.txt file
or where/how to put it in the cpeGui.bat/sh file.

Thank you for your help,

Arthur Burkart

Marshfield Clinic
Marshfield, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Pear Installer User's Guide

Posted by Arthur <ar...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor <ms...@...> writes:

> what problem are you having exactly?  Can you post a stack trace (if that's
the
> evidence)?
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 8/4/2011 11:16 AM, Arthur wrote:
> >> set PATH=%PATH%;<directory>
> >> set CLASSPATH=<jarPath>;%CLASSPATH%
> >>
> > Well, tried your and other variations, but it yielded no results. I had
hoped to
> > do what the quoted section of chapter 8 says I can do, but no dice. I guess
I'll
> > have to figure out a workaround.
> >
> > It's also good to know that setUimaClassPath does nothing.
> >
> > Thank you Marshall
> >
> > -Arthur

Actually, it's really strange. I've been trying to get cTAKES to function for
about 3 work weeks now. After trying your suggestion and failing, I finally gave
up and turned to other pear files created by other parties. I tried your
suggestion with them, and now cTAKES works too... perplexing.

I'm not really sure why cTAKES works on my machine now, but I'm not complaining.

-Arthur

Re: Pear Installer User's Guide

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Arthur <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 8/4/2011 9:51 AM, Arthur wrote:
> Marshall Schor <ms...@...> writes:
>
>> what's in your setenv.txt file?
>>
>> -Marshall
>>
>> On 8/2/2011 4:01 PM, Arthur Burkart wrote:
>>> Can someone provide an example of how I'd do the following?
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *"For instance<http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-
> incubating/docs/html/tools/tools.html#ugr.tools.pear.installer>,
>>> if you want to run your component in the Collection Processing Engine
>>> Configurator GUI application, you need to add the environment variables
>>> settings from the component's *setenv.txt* file to the *cpeGui.bat
>>> (cpeGui.sh)* script file in the *<UIMA_HOME>/bin directory." -UIMA Tools
>>> Guide and Reference (Chapter 8)
>>>
>>> I guess I don't understand what exactly to take out of the setenv.txt file
>>> or where/how to put it in the cpeGui.bat/sh file.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your help,
>>>
>>> Arthur Burkart
>>>
>>> Marshfield Clinic
>>> Marshfield, Wisconsin, USA
>>>

> Well, there are a couple scenarios.
> My setenv.txt file looks like this:
>
> CLASSPATH=<directory>
> PATH=<directory>
> uima.datapath=<directory>
>
> Or it looks like this:
>
> CLASSPATH=<directory>
> PATH=<directory>
>
> I understand this is not a complicated problem and I should have no difficulty
> figuring this out, but I've tried adding the CLASSPATH and the PATH variables to
> the cpeGui and setUimaClassPath batch files, but to no avail.

Note: The cpeGui.bat calls runUimaClass.bat; the setUimaCalssPath.bat is no
longer used (as of release 2.3.1 - are you using this release?).

These are environment variable settings.
You can write a tiny cover script that sets these and then calls cpuGui.bat.  If
you were to modify cpuGui.bat, I think you would add the lines:

set PATH=%PATH%;<directory>
set CLASSPATH=<jarPath>;%CLASSPATH%

or something like that.

-Marshall (not a Windows scripting expert ... but hope this helps )

Posted by Arthur <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.