Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com> on 2007/06/01 12:14:45 UTC

Re: xhtml problem

Ray Clough wrote:
> I produce all my jsp pages is xml format - ie. as 'jspx' jsp-documents.  I
> find a serious drawback to the struts tags, and I'm wondering if anyone has
> a suggestion.  The xhtml does not allow element content within other
> elements; for example the <td> tag cannot contain a <s:if> tag.  Lots of
> examples in the struts documentation use this, which is not a problem for
> regular html, but is a big show stopper in xml.  The tags do allow jsp-el,
> but not other elements.

Just do not use the DTDs while editing JSPs; for example include them in
the response using a static JSP include.

If you want validation during editing, the only AFAIK way would be to
play with the W3C Schema components developed as "Modularization of
XHTML in XML Schema" [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/

hth,

Manos