Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Adriano Smith <or...@sify.com> on 2004/11/01 11:52:21 UTC

cocoon version

what is the latest version of cocoon?
im using cocoon 2.1.3. is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version?
what are the major changes in the newer versions?

Re: cocoon version

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
The latest version is 2.1.5.1.  I expect 2.1.6 should be released shortly.

I can think of several reasons to upgrade.  Woody has been renamed to
Cocoon Forms and is far more stable than it was at 2.1.3.  2.1.3 used Jisp
for caching. This code had serious problems so a move was made away from
that.  I believe EHCache will be the cache manager in 2.1.6.

For a complete list of changes look at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html

Ralph