Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ho...@post.cz on 2018/06/12 11:46:00 UTC

Artemis: DOC: incorrect name of cacheDestinations element?

Hello,

in the Artemis docs:

https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/using-jms.html
(https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/using-jms.html)

https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/perf-tuning.html
(https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/perf-tuning.html)

it's stated that in order to enable the destination cache, the element
"destinationCache" should be set (to true), however when looking at the
source code I believe the element name is "cacheDestinations" instead. Thus
the documentation should be most likely corrected.

Best regards,
Petr

Re: Artemis: DOC: incorrect name of cacheDestinations element?

Posted by ho...@post.cz.
I'd also suggest to add something like "connection parameters reference"
listing all possible options at single place.

There's already something like that for the server configuration: http://
activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/configuration-index.html

But the client side connection parameters are scattered across too many
places.

It could have the form of some table with columns like:

Name, Default value, Value type, Applicable schemes (tcp,udp,...),
Applicable clients (JMS, Core), protocols or whatever is deemed relevant,
Description, perhaps Artemis version since the parameter exists.

And it could be possibly split into multiple lists (tables) depending on the
purpose of those parameters (general, SSL, HA, performance or so).

It would make things easier.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I just sent a PR [1] to deal with this.  Thanks!

Justin

[1] https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2137