Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2018/06/12 20:27:06 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Rename cmd/ to src/

Hi,

as suggested by Jason and Bryan (I think), I’ve prepared a PR that renames the cmd/ tree to src/. I don’t feel particularly strongly about this, but it seems to be inline with what many other projects do (such that “src” is the main src tree, lib/ for libraries etc.). This also feels more natural now that we’ve moved a lot of proxy/* stuff over to cmd/.

And discuss.

— Leif

PR: https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3816 <https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3816>

(I’m fixing the merge conflicts)

Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename cmd/ to src/

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 3:43 PM, Derek Dagit <de...@oath.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Seems fine to me.
>
> Is this going to stay on master only or would we want to bring this change
> to any of our existing branches?

It’d go into 8.0.x as well, but not 7.1.x.

And yes, cherry-picks to 7.1.x will get trickier, but we already sort of bit that bullet a bit, by the other reorganization we did from proxy/ -> cmd/.

Cheers,

— leif

Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename cmd/ to src/

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Seems fine to me.

Is this going to stay on master only or would we want to bring this change
to any of our existing branches?

(I am thinking back-ports to supported branches could get tricky unless we
make this change there too.)

--
Derek