Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 17:50:07 UTC

Re: Releasing plugin-tools soon

I'm done with MPLUGIN-229, which basically means plugin-tools no
longer imposes a plexus-utils dependency
(or any other dependency!) on the generated plugins any more.

Dennis; MPLUGIN-223 looks really neat, and would make /sweet/ release.
How does your timeline look ?
Robert; is there any progress on your side ?

Kristian (Head nagger)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Sure, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

On 2012-11-04 18:40, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Dennis, could you add an IT for it? It seems to be more of a coincidence
> that it was fixed, and we don't want such regression again, right?
>
> With the IT MPLUGIN-223 can be closed.
>
> Op Sun, 04 Nov 2012 18:34:15 +0100 schreef Dennis Lundberg
> <de...@apache.org>:
>
>> On 2012-11-04 17:59, Robert Scholte wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wasn't aware of this issue, neither of the extractors-property.
>>> Right now I let the plugin check for the maven-plugin-annotations
>>> dependency.
>>> If I can get the same information from the pluginDescriptor, the code
>>> can be simplified.
>>> Is it really the same thing?
>>
>> I have tried the 3.1 and 3.2-SNAPSHOT version on the Apache Rat project.
>> I added the <extractor> configuration as described in MPLUGIN-223. With
>> 3.1 the META-INF/maven/plugin.xml file does not include the help mojo.
>> With 3.2-SNAPSHOT it does, so I would say that you solved MPLUGIN-223 as
>> well.
>>

>>> Robert

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Releasing plugin-tools soon

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2012-11-04 17:59, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wasn't aware of this issue, neither of the extractors-property.
> Right now I let the plugin check for the maven-plugin-annotations
> dependency.
> If I can get the same information from the pluginDescriptor, the code
> can be simplified.
> Is it really the same thing?

I have tried the 3.1 and 3.2-SNAPSHOT version on the Apache Rat project.
I added the <extractor> configuration as described in MPLUGIN-223. With
3.1 the META-INF/maven/plugin.xml file does not include the help mojo.
With 3.2-SNAPSHOT it does, so I would say that you solved MPLUGIN-223 as
well.

> Robert
>
> Op Sun, 04 Nov 2012 16:55:11 +0100 schreef Dennis Lundberg
> <de...@apache.org>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> It seems to me that Robert fixed
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-223
>> when he fixed
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-231
>>
>> Should I close MPLUGIN-223 as a duplicate?
>>
>> On 2012-11-02 22:48, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
>>> i'll wait for something good ;)

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Releasing plugin-tools soon

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 2012-11-02 22:48, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> i'll wait for something good ;)

> Den 2. nov. 2012 kl. 22:30 skrev Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
>
>> On 2012-11-02 17:50, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
>>> I'm done with MPLUGIN-229, which basically means plugin-tools no
>>> longer imposes a plexus-utils dependency
>>> (or any other dependency!) on the generated plugins any more.
>>>
>>> Dennis; MPLUGIN-223 looks really neat, and would make /sweet/ release.
>>> How does your timeline look ?
>>
>> I can have a look at it this weekend. You don't have to wait for me if
>> you want to push out a release.
>>
>>> Robert; is there any progress on your side ?
>>>
>>> Kristian (Head nagger)

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Releasing plugin-tools soon

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.
i'll wait for something good ;)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2012-11-02 17:50, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> I'm done with MPLUGIN-229, which basically means plugin-tools no
> longer imposes a plexus-utils dependency
> (or any other dependency!) on the generated plugins any more.
>
> Dennis; MPLUGIN-223 looks really neat, and would make /sweet/ release.
> How does your timeline look ?

I can have a look at it this weekend. You don't have to wait for me if
you want to push out a release.

> Robert; is there any progress on your side ?
>
> Kristian (Head nagger)
>

> 2012/10/30 Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>:
>> I'll let this slide towards (and maybe over) the weekend and I'll ping
>> you guys about status then.
>>
>> Kristian
>>

>> 2012/10/29 Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'd like to take a look at MPLUGIN-223, if I can only find some time for
>>> it. I'm currently knee-deep in Assembly plugin.

>>> --
>>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Releasing plugin-tools soon

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/QDOX/fixforversion/18944

I'll go through the bugs fixed in 2.0, to see which ones are
worth/possible to add to 1.12.1 as well.
It should be possible to have this version in Maven Central this Sunday.

Robert