Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aleksey Serba <as...@voltweb.com> on 2004/03/10 18:36:54 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd ( 1.3.x / 2.0.x ) + mod_include + recursive include

    Hello All!

    I think I found bug in recursive include check ( mod_include ).
    Before submitting the bug, I decide to post message to mailing
    list ( Maybe i missed something? )

    You can reproduce error - just try to process these two shtml files:

-------------------- test1.shtml --------------------
<!--#if expr="$QUERY_STRING = 2" -->
Yahoo!
<!--#else -->
<!--#include virtual="test1.shtml?2" -->
<!--#endif -->
It works fine.

-------------------- test2.shtml --------------------
<!--#if expr="$QUERY_STRING = 3" -->
Yahoo!
<!--#elif expr="$QUERY_STRING = 2" -->
<!--#include virtual="test2.shtml?3" -->
<!--#else -->
<!--#include virtual="test2.shtml?2" -->
<!--#endif -->
error_log: ... [error] Recursive include of "test2.shtml?3" in parsed file .../test2.shtml

    Thanks in advance.

    Aleksey

Re[2]: [users@httpd] httpd ( 1.3.x / 2.0.x ) + mod_include + recursive include

Posted by Aleksey Serba <as...@voltweb.com>.
    Joshua and Andre,

    Thank you very much for your quick answer!

>>     Hello All!
>>
>>     I think I found bug in recursive include check ( mod_include ).
>>     Before submitting the bug, I decide to post message to mailing
>>     list ( Maybe i missed something? )

>> error_log: ... [error] Recursive include of "test2.shtml?3" in parsed file .../test2.shtml

JS> I think that falls under the category "Don't do that!" ;-)
I beg to differ a bit :)

JS> I believe that some code has already been checked in to remove the
JS> mod_include recursion check, since there is now a general
JS> subrequest-recursion check that will catch these things.  This should
JS> allow what you want, since it allows recursion up to a specified level.
Good news :)

AM> Heh :-)
AM> It *was* removed so far in 2.1. It seems, that it's worth to remove it at
AM> least in 2.0 as well...
AM>
AM> I'd say, 2.0.50 or so.
One more thanks!

Best regards,
     Aleksey

Re: [users@httpd] httpd ( 1.3.x / 2.0.x ) + mod_include + recursive include

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote:

> Aleksey Serba wrote:
> >     I think I found bug in recursive include check ( mod_include ).
> >     Before submitting the bug, I decide to post message to mailing
> >     list ( Maybe i missed something? )
>
> > error_log: ... [error] Recursive include of "test2.shtml?3" in parsed file
> > .../test2.shtml
>
> I think that falls under the category "Don't do that!" ;-)
>
> I believe that some code has already been checked in to remove the
> mod_include recursion check, since there is now a general
> subrequest-recursion check that will catch these things.  This should
> allow what you want, since it allows recursion up to a specified level.
>
> Perhaps Andre can chime in here, since I believe he is the one playing
> with this sutff.

Heh :-)
It *was* removed so far in 2.1. It seems, that it's worth to remove it at
least in 2.0 as well...

I'd say, 2.0.50 or so.

nd

Re: [users@httpd] httpd ( 1.3.x / 2.0.x ) + mod_include + recursive include

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Aleksey Serba wrote:

>     Hello All!
>
>     I think I found bug in recursive include check ( mod_include ).
>     Before submitting the bug, I decide to post message to mailing
>     list ( Maybe i missed something? )

> error_log: ... [error] Recursive include of "test2.shtml?3" in parsed file .../test2.shtml

I think that falls under the category "Don't do that!" ;-)

I believe that some code has already been checked in to remove the
mod_include recursion check, since there is now a general
subrequest-recursion check that will catch these things.  This should
allow what you want, since it allows recursion up to a specified level.

Perhaps Andre can chime in here, since I believe he is the one playing
with this sutff.

Joshua.