Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amnon Lahav <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/13 18:57:13 UTC

Help with char encodings

Hi ,
i have a site configured on every possible place to utf8 , when i use it on
my computer everything runs ok beside a little problem where i had to use a
file uploaded with commons.fileupload , there i used get with windows1255
but everything works on my computer
when i uploaded the file to the host it's not working i can see the hebrew
when it comes from the DB but when i try to upload a hebrew file and read it
or even hebrew in textbox it comes out as jibrish ?
any udeas ?

Re: Help with char encodings

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Amnon Lahav wrote:
> Hi ,
> i have a site configured on every possible place to utf8 , when i use it
> on my computer everything runs ok beside a little problem where i had to
> use a file uploaded with commons.fileupload , there i used get with
> windows1255 but everything works on my computer
> when i uploaded the file to the host it's not working i can see the
> hebrew when it comes from the DB but when i try to upload a hebrew file
> and read it or even hebrew in textbox it comes out as jibrish ?
> any udeas ?

URIEncoding on the connector in server.xml perhaps?

Mark