Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by pe...@zv.fraunhofer.de on 2020/12/10 00:12:51 UTC

AW: [DISCUSS] python test framework

Hi there Dan and all,

after some trying around I have now more clarity regarding what is needed for my test setup and have a more specific question I can't answer from the Marvin doc page [1]

Once again what is the test setup and which goal do I have?

If I was the Travis build system checking a release say 14.3.1.0 I would do the following:

- visit GitHub repo, clone and checkout sources
- proceed with Travis CI specification file .travis.yml, following all the installation scripts and do builds, and setup a test environment, and run integration tests using nose+Marvin

Agree?

Now I am not Travis; and I have already a test instance of CloudStack to play with.

I just want to reuse existing test code and run one or two, or maybe more integration tests against this instance.

So I have done so far the following, locally:

- visit GitHub repo, clone and checkout sources
- read installation scripts following specs in the Travis CI specs file travis.yml and get dependencies which appear mandatory for running the actual integration test code
- these dependencies include Java, Maven, Python2.7, pip2 and some further Python2 packages
- build Java components, and essentially build Marvin
- install Marvin locally following the docs [1]

Then, I can run a single integration test using code from [2], and not unexpectedly I get then an API connection error in the test log:

nosetests --with-xunit --xunit-file=integration-test-results/$suite.xml --with-marvin --marvin-config=setup/dev/advanced.cfg test/integration/$suite.py -s -a tags=advanced,required_hardware=false --zone=ZONE_NAME --hypervisor=HYPERVISOR

(where $suite is a test of my choice)

Error excerpt: "...Max retries exceeded with url: /client/api?account=admin&command=listUsers&response=json ..."

I do understand I need also to configure access to resources like database which goes then to the file "setup/dev/advanced.cfg"

What I miss however, where to specify API client configuration, like the URL of the instance and access/secret keys?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python#MarvinTestingwithPython-CompilingandPackaging
[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.13.1.0/tools/travis/script.sh

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
hoi Pieter,