Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/31 08:11:18 UTC

Re: Broken layout of Ignite javadoc on web

Hi,

Continuation of the story. I build javadocs locally and checked how it
renders with manually added images. Unfortunately there are several
visible artifacts. I guess the reason here is that stylesheet and
images was suitable for an older version of javadoc maven plugin but
not for a newer one.

Also I noticed that style used by Ignite is similar to Java 7 docs
[1]. Different style is used since Java 8 [2]. And it looks like by
default maven javadoc plugin today builds similar pages. You can see
an example of Ignite javadoc built with default style [3].

So, perhaps we can use a default style for our documentation, cannot we?

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/BitSet.html
[2] https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.base/java/util/BitSet.html
[3] https://gist.github.com/pavlukhin/c627b31c09e4f1ae7bd04f11bafed040

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Broken layout of Ignite javadoc on web

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ivan,

Good catch.

1. Let's remove this label at all. Neither Spark [1] nor Cassandra [2] has
it and their docs look much better.
2. Agree, time to change the year in the copyright.
3. Still, something is wrong with our font size. Just compare to [1] and
[2] to see the difference. Can we reuse the styles of Spark and Cassandra?

[1] https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/java/index.html
[2] https://docs.datastax.com/en/drivers/java/3.6/

-
Denis

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Broken layout of Ignite javadoc on web

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+ Sergey

-

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.