Posted to users@jena.apache.org by emri mbiemri <em...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/11 10:17:38 UTC

density of GraphUtil not recognized

Dear community, I am trying to get some graph metrics using Apache
Jena's GraphUtil. But  some functions like "density" of GraphUtil cannot be
recognized, or the package org.apache.jena.graph.Centrality cannot be
resolved. I am using Eclipse, my apache jena version is 3.14.0 within the
rdf4j depencey:
 <groupId>org.eclipse.rdf4j</groupId>
<artifactId>rdf4j-storage</artifactId>
<version>3.5.0</version>

Any idea why some of the artifacts cannot be found?

Re: density of GraphUtil not recognized

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
oh well...

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: density of GraphUtil not recognized

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 11/12/2022 18:43, emri mbiemri wrote:
> The ChatGPT suggested using these kinds of solutions for getting some of
> the above-mentioned graph metrics.

Did it say "Jena"?

> Anyway, is there any other tool that calculated some graph metrics on RDF
> graphs?

Try a Google search.

     Andy

Re: Re: density of GraphUtil not recognized

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
Made my day ...

StackOverflow is already disallowing ChatGPT comments ...

there are of course tools for graph measures beyond Jena, e.g. you could
use Python rdflib which allows for converting the graph to a  networkx
graph which in fact is a standard API for network analytics.

Or you use Apache Jena, convert the Jena model to a JGraphT directed
pseudo graph [1] and use  JGraphT methods resp. its extensions

[1]
https://jgrapht.org/javadoc/org.jgrapht.core/org/jgrapht/graph/DirectedPseudograph.html

Posted by emri mbiemri <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by emri mbiemri <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by emri mbiemri <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy, thanks for the reply!

What about the GraphUtil.density() function, any idea why it is not
recognized? Concerning the RDF4J I think it includes all the relevant
apache jena jars.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.