Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by shroompicker2000 <sh...@cox.net> on 2005/12/21 17:46:27 UTC

Re: Virtual host interference?

--- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, Csongor Fagyal <co...@c...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have faced this interesting problem several times. Here is what
happens:
> I have virtualhost A and virtualhost B both running ASP. Virtualhost A
> has a custom Perl module loaded using a simle 'use'. Now if I have a
> syntax error in A, it will create an Internal Server error. However,
> site B, which should be independent of A, also creates an error, and it
> logs(!) the error of A in its own error_log.
>
> Both virtualhosts use a different statedir, and they do not share any
> modules/scripts.
>
> Any ideas?? I think I am using the newest Apache/ASP/mod_perl version
> (but this happened previously in older versions as well). This is
RedHat 8.

> - Csongor

I found a link which confirms the problem and proposes a big, big
workaround:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/control/control.html#Starting_a_Personal_Server_for_Each_Developer

Separate servers for each developer.

Why??  We never had to do that for PHP!

Re: Virtual host interference?

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
shroompicker2000 wrote:
> --- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, Csongor Fagyal <co...@c...> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have faced this interesting problem several times. Here is what
>
> happens:
>
>>I have virtualhost A and virtualhost B both running ASP. Virtualhost A
>>has a custom Perl module loaded using a simle 'use'. Now if I have a
>>syntax error in A, it will create an Internal Server error. However,
>>site B, which should be independent of A, also creates an error, and it
>>logs(!) the error of A in its own error_log.
>>
>>Both virtualhosts use a different statedir, and they do not share any
>>modules/scripts.
>>
>>Any ideas?? I think I am using the newest Apache/ASP/mod_perl version
>>(but this happened previously in older versions as well). This is

If you are using StatINC or StatINCMatch settings, this could trigger
a check of a module that is unrelated to your Apache::ASP scripts.

If you are using another related Apache::* module that does something
similar, this could be a reason also.

Regards,

Josh