Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chandni Singh <cs...@apache.org> on 2016/10/05 22:22:39 UTC

Test coverage tool

Hi,

Tim and I spoke sometime back that it will be helpful if we can have a test
coverage tool which flags a pull request if it reduces the test coverage
percentage than the previous build.

Recently while making improvements to ManagedState (APEXMALHAR-2223
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2223>), I came across a
class 'ManagedTimeStateMultiValue'. This class has no tests. Some part of
this class is tested under join operator but the majority of it is not
covered by unit tests.

This is just an example and apologies for highlighting it here but I think
having a test coverage tool whose results are compared with the last build
can help us address these issues promptly.

Let me know what everyone thinks and I can look into some plugins that we
can use.

Thanks,
Chandni

Re: Test coverage tool

Posted by Sanjay Pujare <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
I like the idea but would like to know the criteria for flagging a pull
request. Will you compare overall test coverage percentage or per class
coverage percentage?