Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com> on 2002/06/24 20:37:19 UTC

Sitemap parameters from servlet init (e.g. from outside the sitemap)...

I'm looking a "Best Practice" suggestion.

In our sitemap, we get XML from another machine (e.g. backend server) like
this:

<map:generate src="http://dataserver.onclave.com:1234/bin/get?foo" />

However, developers need to point to their local machine. E.g.:

<map:generate src="http://localhost/bin/get?foo" />

This is just begging for a global sitemap parameter so that it becomes:

<map:generate src="http://{server-port}/bin/get?foo" />

Unfortunately, we're all in the same CVS archive, are changing the sitemap
fairly frequently, and I wouldn't want to have multiple copies of the
sitemap around which we then have to reset by hand every time.

- What is the right way to handle this in a servlet environment? I figure
it's to use the servlet init parameters. Yes?

- in Cocoon, does something already exist to get set sitemap parameters from
somewhere 'global' (hopefully from the init params)?

Thanks, Per

RE: Sitemap parameters from servlet init (e.g. from outside the sitemap)...

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
P.s.

> - in Cocoon, does something already exist to get set sitemap
> parameters from somewhere 'global' (hopefully from the init params)?

Or perhaps to/from the servlet context?

Per