Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jim Douglas <jd...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/07 04:49:58 UTC

Limit to a sub directory

To all,
  What is the easiest way to set up Lenya so that I can enable users to only
be allowed to edit documents in one sub directory of my webapp.

My webapp is in,
...tomcat/webapps/MyWebSite

I want to limit the users to only be able to edit pages in the

...tomcat/webapps/MyWebSite/userpages/

directory.

Jim

Re: Limit to a sub directory

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi Jim,
You might want to check out the "group authorization" thread from
earlier this week:
http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/last=/force_load=t

I think these steps should work:
make group
add users that should have edit perms for the group of pages
open the userpages page in the site area/tab
click on the AC Auth tab (Access Control for Authoring area I believe)
select your group, select the edit role, click on the add button.

If you want these users to be able to view other pages in the authoring
area, give them the visit role.

HTH,
--Doug