Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bhushan Khanal <bh...@wrq.com> on 2002/02/13 02:55:55 UTC

xercesc on hpux 11 with gcc

I'm trying to compile xercesc 1.6 on HPUX 11 with gcc.  After some
minor code modification (I had to include stdio.h in a few spots to
prevent a size_t error), it compiles and links, but when I try to use
it I get messages like these:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
  _$_t7Janitor1Zt14RefHashTableOf1Z12KVStringPair (plabel)
  from bin/d-HPUX/libxerces-c1_6_0.sl

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
  _$_t12ArrayJanitor1ZUs (plabel)
  from bin/d-HPUX/libxerces-c1_6_0.sl

and then a core dump.

Has anyone managed to get xerces working with gcc on hpux 11?  If so,
what did you have to do to get it to work?

Do the missing symbols look familar to anyone?

Thanks.

Bhushan Khanal
WRQ, Inc.
206-217-7636
bhushank@wrq.com

WRQ has 21 years of experience providing integration software and services
for host-intensive environments. To learn more about our Reflection and
Verastream products, visit http://www.wrq.com/products/.

Re: xercesc on hpux 11 with gcc

Posted by Martin Kalen <ma...@todaysystems.com.au>.
> Has anyone managed to get xerces working with gcc on hpux 11?  If
so,
> what did you have to do to get it to work?

I just tried Xerces-C 1.6.0 with gcc 2.95.2 on HP-UX B.11.00. I didn't
bother fixing IDOM for this quick test, and my final
libxerces-c1_6_0.sl did not include IDOM support.

All other samples runs if everything is working, but exceptions
generates a coredump -- so the following flags are not perfect, but
might give you a starting point:
PLATFORM_COMPILE_OPTIONS
= -D${PLATFORM} -fPIC -D__POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L
MAKE_SHARED = ${CXX} -D${PLATFORM} -shared -fPIC ${LDFLAGS}
MAKE_SHARED_C = ${CC} -D${PLATFORM} -shared -fPIC ${LDFLAGS}
ALLLIBS = ${LIBS}

> Do the missing symbols look familar to anyone?

Missing most of the xerces symbols are usually indicating that 1/ one
or more object files failed to compile or 2/ you try to compile the
final application with a different C++ compiler.

In addition to your IDOM changes I also had to guard inclusion of
<wchar.h> in utils/Transcoders/Iconv/IconvTransService.cpp for
XML_HPUX with "#if !defined(XML_HPUX".

If you do get it up and running, it would be great if you could submit
your patches to bugzilla as an enhancement so we don't loose track of
this progress.

Regards,
    Martin