Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Daniel Rabe <dr...@opentext.com> on 2004/01/24 00:48:51 UTC

Trying to work with Java Request, parameter add/delete doesn't st ick

I've subclassed AbstractJavaSamplerClient, and have had a good measure of
success. JMeter is cool! (Unfortunately, the documentation on extending
JMeter seems to be quite out-of-date. Being able to get at the source code
has been very helpful.)

Anyway, ignoring my subclass for a moment, I'm playing with JavaTest and
SleepTest (the examples that ship with JMeter). The sampler GUI has Add and
Delete buttons; I can add a new request parameter, but when I switch to
another object and come back to the Java Request, the added parameter had
disappeared.
(a) Is this a bug in the examples?
(b) Is there a way for me to work around this behavior in my subclass? (My
subclass wants to have a couple of optional request parameters.)

BTW, I'm using JMeter 1.9.1 on Windows XP with Java 1.4.2_02.

Thanks,
Daniel Rabe

Re: Trying to work with Java Request, parameter add/delete doesn't st ick

Posted by Craig Palmer <cr...@peace.com>.
I have noticed that too. However if you change focus to another field
before jumping to another screen then the information seems to stay put.

Craig.

--
Craig Palmer                    Mobile NZ: +64 21 755 254
Peace Software                  URL: http://www.peace.com