Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Amol Deshpande <am...@gazillion.com> on 2010/04/23 23:50:08 UTC

Internal error processing describe_keyspace

Hi,

I 'm new to Cassandra, trying to set up a single node to play with.  I
set one up in a VM (0.6.1 off the website) , running fedora 12.  Things
seem peachy in that I can connect to it with a modified hector
ExampleClient, and insert data into it.

However, when I decided to view this data from Cassandra-cli,  I got the
above error with a further stacktrace of

Java.lang.AssertionError at
org.apache.cassandra.config.Databasedescriptor.getTableMetaData(Database
Descriptor.java:924)

I can't find anything similar by searching for getTableMetaData or
get_keyspace in the list archives.

Can someone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks,

-amol

RE: Internal error processing describe_keyspace

Posted by Amol Deshpande <am...@gazillion.com>.
Sure,
INFO [COMPACTION-POOL:1] 2010-04-23 14:21:48,973 CompactionManager.java (line 326) Compacted to
/home/amol/apache-cassandra-0.6.1/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/LocationInfo-9-Data.db.  1776/495
 bytes for 2 keys.  Time: 970ms.
ERROR [pool-1-thread-6] 2010-04-23 14:28:46,917 Cassandra.java (line 1812) Internal error process
ing describe_keyspace
java.lang.AssertionError
        at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.getTableMetaData(DatabaseDescriptor.jav
a:924)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.describe_keyspace(CassandraServer.java:519
)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor$describe_keyspace.process(Cassandra.ja
va:1808)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:1125)
        at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:253)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
 INFO [FLUSH-TIMER] 2010-04-23 15:22:06,484 ColumnFamilyStore.java (line 357) LocationInfo has reached its threshold; switching in a fresh Memtable at CommitLogContext(file='var/lib/cassandra/commitlog/CommitLog-1272057707351.log', position=1225)

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.