Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dragos Stoica <dr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/01/12 09:19:21 UTC

Răspuns: Mobile CouchDB Compatible Implementations

Hello,
We had the same issues in 2014 when we implemented an application with CouchDB 1.6 and PouchDB 4.x.It seems that CouchDB 2.0 is compatible with the libraries provided by Cloudant, mobile native apps.Couchbase has its own libraries and are not fully compatible with CouchDB (e.g filtered replication).
Meanwhile we are trying to rasamble a team on GoCouch project: https://github.com/iqcouch/gocouch --- the purpose is to build a lite CouchDB in Go that will run as a DB+Webserver native compiled code on your mobile device. We want to provide replication and couchapps on the mobile. you have to install one application and then to sync with your Couch or with multiple Couch-es/Cloudant-s Our dream is to distribute mobile applications via CouchDB --- like NodeJS distributes modules :). We are using and relaxing with CouchDB since 2012.

So, to all Couchers: we need you!!!Please let us know if you are available to join our github project - drop me an e-mail or join us on github: https://github.com/iqcouch/gocouch

Thank you,
Dragos STOICA0735220023

    În Miercuri, 11 Ianuarie 2017 8:45:32, Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org> a scris:

 Hi Phil,

I'm no expert on the CouchDB mobile libraries. I had a quick chat to some
of the Cloudant team that works on Cloudant sync. They said the Couchbase
lite's replication implementation and Cloudant sync's are essentially the
same. Where Cloudant sync is different is that it supports using Mango
(Cloudant Query) and it supports some of Cloudants other functionality.
Cloudant sync is actively maintained and is also optimised to work with
CouchDB 2.0 since that is the core of the Cloudant service.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Garren