Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "B. Todd Burruss" <bb...@real.com> on 2010/12/30 21:34:36 UTC

cassandra.yaml customization per node

how are folks customizing the cassandra.yaml for each node in the
cluster.  specifically the token and IP address.

with XML i used entities, but i'm not familiar with YAML.  does yaml
support the same concept?  or any sort of textual substitution?

thx

Re: cassandra.yaml customization per node

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
Funny you should mention that.  I just put my half-baked solution to
this problem on github today.
https://github.com/gdusbabek/cassandra-maker.  It generates
cassandra.yaml files (and entire config directories too) that are
based on the svn defaults.  It should be easy to customize it to fit
your needs.

As for the notion of yaml includes, a quick google made me think it's
not possible.

Gary.

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@riptano.com>.
I've done this before with puppet, but any sort of mainstream
configuration management system should work. There will be some
management overhead in making sure any token changes make it back into
the right server-specific template, but otherwise it's straight
forward.

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.