Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2008/12/12 12:24:12 UTC

Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, thanks for asking! I've created a mirror for Qpid and I'm
>> currently running the initial sync of the entire version history
>> (including all tags and branches). This might take minutes, hours or
>> days depending on the size and structure of your version history. I'll
>> ping you when the initial sync is done.
>
> The mirror is now fully synced and ready for use. Have fun!

Thanks for doing this, I totally forgot that graduating is going to
involve moving our svn repo. From some point today it's going to be
moved to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/

Could you please update the mirror to the new location (I think a
git-svn init can do this with --rewrite-root) and turn on the
auto-update-from-svn-commit mail thing?

Thanks,

- Aidan

http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Have we anything resembling a plan?" "Mm-hm. Ride till we find
them... and kill them all." - The 13th Warrior

Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:
>> git clone http://jukka.zitting.name/git/r/qpid.git runs but eventually
>> fails with:
>>
>> walk 947e774e3071978b0b29b8810ae023f51ab70f61
>> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

> I had a similar problem report with the Hive mirror. The problem was a
> missing git-update-server-info on the server. I ran it for Qpid now.

That fixed it, thanks!

Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:
> git clone http://jukka.zitting.name/git/r/qpid.git runs but eventually
> fails with:
>
> walk 947e774e3071978b0b29b8810ae023f51ab70f61
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> I'm behind a proxy atm, I'll try it from somewhere without a proxy
> this evening UTC.

I had a similar problem report with the Hive mirror. The problem was a
missing git-update-server-info on the server. I ran it for Qpid now.

I've configured update-server-info to be run as a part of the update
hook on all mirrors, but apparently "git svn fetch" doesn't run that
hook. I now added the update-server-info call explicitly to my update
script to make sure that it really gets called whenever needed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Thanks for doing this, I totally forgot that graduating is going to
>>> involve moving our svn repo. From some point today it's going to be
>>> moved to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/
>>>
>>> Could you please update the mirror to the new location (I think a
>>> git-svn init can do this with --rewrite-root) and turn on the
>>> auto-update-from-svn-commit mail thing?
>>
>> Done.
>
> Thanks, working nicely. :)

Well, it is over git://.

Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for doing this, I totally forgot that graduating is going to
>> involve moving our svn repo. From some point today it's going to be
>> moved to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/
>>
>> Could you please update the mirror to the new location (I think a
>> git-svn init can do this with --rewrite-root) and turn on the
>> auto-update-from-svn-commit mail thing?
>
> Done.

Thanks, working nicely. :)

Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid