Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2002/01/11 19:22:42 UTC

[framework] configuration problem

Following problem:

How can I share the same configuration
section within different components?

For i.e:
one <store/> section, but three components
which should be configured over this section.

Ideas (I bet ;)

  gerhard

RE: [framework] configuration problem

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Paul,

>From: Paul Hammant [mailto:Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com]
>
>Gerhard,
>
>>Following problem:
>>
>>How can I share the same configuration
>>section within different components?
>>
>>For i.e:
>>one <store/> section, but three components
>>which should be configured over this section.
>>

>>Ideas (I bet ;)
>>

>I think your mixing your terms dude:
>
>Either...
>
>1) How can you share one Store for many blocks/components?  Easy, in the
>assembly.xml <depend> on the same Store block with the same configuration
>
>Or...
>
>2) How can many blocks/components have the same configuration?  They
>can't have the same configuration, but they could have configurations
>identical to each other.

I think I have expressed myself very unclear and I made the resolution
that I don't write emails anymore, when I'm tired.

Actualy we want to have one configuration for all Store components in
the Cocoon Server framework (no Phoenix), for usability reasons.
That means that the class StoreA and StoreB want access the same
configuration section. My question is, how can I access in the
Avalon Framework to the first children of the root element in the
.xconf file?

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Gerhard,

>Following problem:
>
>How can I share the same configuration
>section within different components?
>
>For i.e:
>one <store/> section, but three components
>which should be configured over this section.
>

>Ideas (I bet ;)

I think your mixing your terms dude:

Either...

1) How can you share one Store for many blocks/components?  Easy, in the
assembly.xml <depend> on the same Store block with the same configuration

Or...

2) How can many blocks/components have the same configuration?  They
can't have the same configuration, but they could have configurations
identical to each other.

Regards,

- Paul