Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by badi malik <ba...@sbcglobal.net> on 2007/01/24 22:09:17 UTC

adding patch to jar

Hello all,
I'm using flash to upload a file using fileUpload classes.  because of this i've had to patch the FileUploadBase source and need to recompile it and add it to the jar file(commons-fileupload-1.1.1)...do i need to rebuild the whole thing using ant, or can i somehow just add the one file? I assumed that i needed to rebuild everything so i downloaded ant and trie that but keep getting instantiation errors.  can anyone tell me which version of ant i need to use to accomplish this?

thanks in advance

Re: adding patch to jar

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
Please do not cross-post. I have removed the dev list from this thread.

On 1/24/07, badi malik <ba...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm using flash to upload a file using fileUpload classes.  because of
> this i've had to patch the FileUploadBase source

Why, and what is the change? Would it make sense to incorporate it into
Commons FileUpload?

and need to recompile it and add it to the jar
file(commons-fileupload-1.1.1)...do
> i need to rebuild the whole thing using ant, or can i somehow just add the
> one file? I assumed that i needed to rebuild everything so i downloaded ant
> and trie that but keep getting instantiation errors.  can anyone tell me
> which version of ant i need to use to accomplish this?

FileUpload, like almost all Commons components, is built using Maven, not
Ant. What you need to do to incorporate your change depends on the nature of
your change.

--
Martin Cooper

thanks in advance