Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Geoff Williams <ge...@realware.com.au> on 1998/12/20 09:11:16 UTC

config/3566: VirtualHost entries prevent Apache running

>Number:         3566
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       VirtualHost entries prevent Apache running
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Whenever I put more than one VirtualHost (Name) entries into the httpd.conf file then Apache does not restart. I have checked the FAQs, Bug Reports etc and have included a Vhost entry for the machine. All of the DNS records are in order.
Copies of the httpd.conf and srm.conf can be found via anonymous ftp to moehau.realware.com.au. The hosts in question are www.ypv.com.au, www.pigsinspace.com.au & moehau.realware.com.au. At the moment the vhost settings have been removed so Apache is running - browse to moehau.realware.com.au or /pigs or /ypv
>Fix:
I had it running on the previous version (before NameVirtualHost).