Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Florin Dumitrascu <fl...@intunenetworks.com> on 2014/03/21 19:47:00 UTC

GRE isolation - no in service upgrade (4.1.1 to 4.3.0)

Hi,

I have successfully tested GRE isolation with CS 4.3.0 RC8 installed from scratch on a minimal setup.

I have moved then on to upgrading a more complex lab setup from CS 4.1.1 to CS 4.3.0 RC9.
I have followed the guidelines here for doing the upgrade:
http://apache-cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/rnotes.html#upgrade-from-4-1-x-to-4-3

Once CS was back up and running, I have created an OVS network offering using the GUI fix up from

I tried then to enable the OVS service provider on the physical network, but discovered that no such provider is created.
None in the GUI:
http://imgur.com/ar8c7sX

And none in the database:
http://imgur.com/MsIdYrw

So this means I pretty much need to re-configure the whole zone from scratch, since I do not know of another way to change the physical networks.

If GRE is to be used in the production, this is a major drawback.

Any thoughts ?

Best Regards,
Florin

IMPORTANT NOTE: The information in this e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately or telephone: +353 (0)1 6204700. We cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender.

RE: GRE isolation - no in service upgrade (4.1.1 to 4.3.0) - Is your zone an Advanced zone or Basic zone? (2)

Posted by Florin Dumitrascu <fl...@intunenetworks.com>.
At what stage is the DB upgrade performed ? Is it handled by the new version of CS on first time start, or does the admin have to run something manually ?
I have followed the upgrade instructions here and there was nothing mentioned about a database upgrade step (please note I am using XenServer):
http://apache-cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/rnotes.html#upgrade-from-4-1-x-to-4-3

I did not invoke "cloudstack-setup-database" script as my understanding is that should be called on a clean install only.

Thank you,
Florin

Posted by Florin Dumitrascu <fl...@intunenetworks.com>.
Hi,

I have taken the following steps from Cloudmonkey, as a workaround:

# List physical networks to get the id of the GRE isolated network:
cloudmonkey> list physicalnetworks

# Add "Ovs" network service provider to the GRE isolated network:
cloudmonkey> add networkserviceprovider name="Ovs" destinationphysicalnetworkid=<the_network_id_discovered_in_previos_step>
(there will be an id associated with the provider, suppose this is " b2f02334-e4c6-45b8-87c3-e96a7301b5ca")

# Enable the provider:
cloudmonkey> update networkserviceprovider id=b2f02334-e4c6-45b8-87c3-e96a7301b5ca state=Enabled

I will add this in the bug comments as well.

Regards,
Florin

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.