Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> on 2009/10/08 19:43:34 UTC

Security Concern

Can a new login module be deliberately loaded after the first
InitialContext was started, ie. login configuration has been parsed.

Is there any way a login configuration/module can be loaded
automatically AT ALL?

Quintin Beukes

Re: Security Concern

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 9, 2009, at 1:31 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> Though what I was wondering about is, since you can change which
> login.config file should be loaded by the system property, could a new
> one be loaded, or does this code get executed ONLY once?

That I don't know.  We set the 'java.security.auth.login.config'
property at startup and it's the VM that does the reading.  We do
attempt a "null" login at startup in attempts to eagerly flush out any
issues with the config file.  Not sure if the VM will consult that
property again.

If you find out, definitely share.  You have me curious as well.

-David

Re: Security Concern

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.

Re: Security Concern