Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> on 2013/03/02 11:08:30 UTC

Re: No more existing-TLP graduations (was: [PROPOSAL] Curator for the Apache Incubator)

I suppose if a new product + its community want to become part of a PMC,
coding could happen under that PMC (so for example: in a branch of their
repository, releases require 3 +1's by that PMC), but with IPMC or
comdev watching from the sidelines and helping if needed.

Over at Subversion we once solicited comdev input on a community issue
surrounding a potential GSoC volunteer.  That's the same pattern: coding
parts handled by the TLP and advice on community issues by comdev|incubator.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> ...I suppose if a new product + its community want to become part of a PMC,
> coding could happen under that PMC (so for example: in a branch of their
> repository, releases require 3 +1's by that PMC), but with IPMC or
> comdev watching from the sidelines and helping if needed....

As Greg says, neither IPMC or comdev have "staff", so watching from
the sidelines is a very vague concept.

OTOH, a PMC could very well ask individuals to sign up as "community
mentors" temporarily (and probably recruit them here) to keep an eye
on such things.

-Bertrand