Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Morris, Paul E." <pm...@nsf.gov> on 2015/03/27 20:04:31 UTC

SOLR terms component and finding "least frequent terms"

Dear SOLR users,

I have been using the /terms component to find low occurrence terms in a large SOLR index, and this works very well, but it is not possible to filter (fq) the results so you are stuck analyzing the whole index.

Other options might be to use SOLR faceting, but  I don't see how to easily produce "least common" facets. Does anyone have experience finding infrequent terms through the TermsComponent or via faceting?

Sorry if this is an odd request, but being able to perform this sort of analysis would be very useful.

Paul