Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ryan Adams <ra...@vitessi.com> on 2000/10/03 00:59:47 UTC

More Info Re: IPC::Open2 Problems

The call to open2 seems to work fine for one or two times
after I restart the server.  Would that imply
that the filehandles are not getting closed somehow?
I'm explicitly closing them, to no avail.

Also, when I check $! after the open2 call, I'm seeing
the same error about "Illegal Seek..." every time.  I've
searched everywhere I could think of, but haven't found any
information on what that means.  Anybody encounter this before?

I've seen references to needing to build Perl with sfio... I'm
not sure what that means, and whether it is applicable to my
problem.  Can someone clue me in?

Thanks,

RYAN

Ryan Adams                  radams@vitessi.com
Vitessi Motorsports, Inc.      www.vitessi.com
Voice: 740/362-9254          Fax: 740/362-0354