Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sudhindra Deshpande <d_...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/06 21:13:51 UTC

Help: schema validation : NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document: method createElementNS

Hi,

I tried to set schema validation like this
class try1 {
      org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser parser;
      org.w3c.dom.Element ele;
      try {
         parser = new org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser();
         parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation", true);

parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema", t
rue);
         parser.parse(args[0]);
         ele = parser.getDocument().getDocumentElement();
      } catch (Exception e) {
         System.out.println(e);
         e.printStackTrace();
      }
   }
}
But I get this exception

org.w3c.dom.Document: me
thod
createElementNS(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;
not found
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.startElement(DOMParser.java,
Comp
iled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XML
Validator.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumen
tScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:952)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.resolveSchemaGrammar
(XMLValidator.java:2663)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.bindNamespacesToElem
entAndAttributes(XMLValidator.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XML
Validator.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumen
tScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:952)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:993)
        at try1.main(try1.java:9)

thanks in advance

Re: Help: schema validation : NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document: method createElementNS

Posted by Sudhindra Deshpande <d_...@hotmail.com>.
Ian,
I was using jdk 1.2.2 , after seeing a message from Bjoern , I used jdk 1.3
and now it works fine.
I dont know why. My classpath is set to . and xerces.jar ( 1.3.1 ) on NT 4.0
SP6
Thanks
-sudhin

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.