Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2005/11/29 00:10:39 UTC

Obtaining error messages from xslt task

Hi,

The myfaces project has some documents that make heavy use of xml entity
references (&foo;) to compose a JSP TLD file from multiple parts. The
ant <xslt> task is used to create a document with all these entity
references expanded inline (plus a little pretty-printing).

However some people (including myself) get no error messages when entity
references have mistakes (ie reference an entity that doesn't exist),
while some others get errors reported for this.

We can't figure out why some people get error messages and others don't.
It's probably something to do with build properties, or library versions
or something. I would definitely like to be able to see these error
messages; the problems reported (by the people who do get the messages)
are valid.

Sytems where errors aren't reported:
  * linux, java1.5
  * windows, java1.4

Any hints would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Simon

Re: Obtaining error messages from xslt task

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Simon,

ant 1.6 has a bug concerning XML processing of documents containing
entities, when the main document is in a directory whose path contains
spaces.

but this is not your problem.

these targets from ant's main build file could help you :
 <!-- helper class from Xalan2 to check for jar versioning of xml/xsl
processors -->
  <target name="xml-check" depends="check_for_optional_packages"
    if="xalan.envcheck" unless="which.present">
    <java classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck"/>
  </target>

  <target name="run-which" depends="check_for_optional_packages"
    if="which.present">
    <java classname="org.apache.env.Which" taskname="which"/>
  </target>

Cheers,
Antoine