Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dhanushka ranasinghe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/11 12:10:46 UTC

svn copy between 2 repos

Is it possible to run svn copy between two repositorys

Thanks
Dhanushka

Re: svn copy between 2 repos

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote on Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:14:41 -0400:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:10 AM, dhanushka ranasinghe <
> parakrama1282@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to run svn copy between two repositorys
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dhanushka
> >
> Nope. If you want to bring along the history of a file or directory, you
> might be able to do an "svnadmin dump" on one repository and an "svnadmin
> load" on the other, but it's potentially quite hairy and I wouldn't
> recommend it.

'svn merge' does work between different repositories (with some
limitations, such as no merge tracking).

This may be useful somehow (not only in the direct 'merge of addition'
use case).

Re: svn copy between 2 repos

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.