Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/10 12:48:57 UTC

Error while starting G in debug mode. Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.

Hi,

I am getting the following error while running G in debug mode.

C:\g111\assemblies\j2ee-tomcat-server>java -Xdebug -Xnoagent -
Djava.compiler=NONE-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
-jar
target\geronimo-1.1.1-rc3\bin\server.jar
Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.
FATAL ERROR in native method: No transports initialized

The same thing ran without problems until yesterday.  I do not have a clue
what has changed.  Please help resolve this error.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Re: Error while starting G in debug mode. Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gianny,

Thank you for your reply.  The problem was with my JAVA_HOME environment
variable.  It was pointing to a non existant dir.  The problem got corrected
after I changed JAVA_HOME.

Regards,
Vamsi

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.