Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Velle Andrè <An...@netcom-gsm.no> on 2005/10/21 09:51:47 UTC

[m2] intermittent failure to get dependencies

Hi,

I have a strange error in my maven 2 - based build. I have one reactor build that starts a number of others. Two of these builds (say a and b) are dependent on a third build (c) , and on a library (d) stated as a dependency in this third build (c). These two builds sometimes fail with an compilation error stating that it can't find a class that is in the library (d) imported by the build they depend upon (c). Now sometimes one of the two builds fail, sometimes the other. One might work and not the other (I run the reactor build with the fail-at-end option). Anyone seen anything similar? Is this a known bug? This started happening after I installed the final 2.0, both beta-3 and RC  worked perfectly.

Regards,
André Velle

Re: [m2] intermittent failure to get dependencies

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Can you boil it down to a test case?

Or run it with -X and note the differences in the resolution tree?

- Brett