Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/11/22 00:59:51 UTC

mod_include...again. :-)

Paul,

Please remove any time that you set the value of r->output_filters
directly.  No filter should ever try to outguess the core in this
regard.  The core inserts a sub-request filter to remove excess EOS
buckets, and your setting the sub-request's output filters to the next
filter in the chain breaks a lot of the code.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: mod_include...again. :-)

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

> Consider it done. Can I axe the rest of the perl stuff then too?

yup!

Re: mod_include...again. :-)

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com>.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

Re: mod_include...again. :-)

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Re: mod_include...again. :-)

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Please remove any time that you set the value of r->output_filters
> directly.  No filter should ever try to outguess the core in this
> regard.  The core inserts a sub-request filter to remove excess EOS
> buckets, and your setting the sub-request's output filters to the next
> filter in the chain breaks a lot of the code.

I assume that you mean the two cases where the code does this:

                rr->output_filters = next;
                if (ap_run_sub_req(rr)) {

This is another case of "It was there when I got there and I didn't know
it was bad." They are both gone now (the rr->output_filters = next; parts
that is).

I am currently testing my updates and expect a post within an hour or so
(this evening for sure). It will not have the hash/hook stuff.