Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kyle Miller <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/13 15:10:57 UTC

maven question

I have just started using maven on my first project,
but I have been playing with it at home.

My question for the commons developers is this, every
project here uses maven, and I would assume many of
you also use eclipse or some other similar IDE. Has
anyone found a good way to add the jars managed by
maven to your IDE classpath? In previous projects I
would just put all of the jars in the lib directory
and check them into CVS.

Re: maven question

Posted by Bob Arnott <bo...@aungate.com>.
Kyle Miller wrote:
> I have just started using maven on my first project,
> but I have been playing with it at home.
>
> My question for the commons developers is this, every
> project here uses maven, and I would assume many of
> you also use eclipse or some other similar IDE. Has
> anyone found a good way to add the jars managed by
> maven to your IDE classpath? In previous projects I
> would just put all of the jars in the lib directory
> and check them into CVS.

http://mevenide.codehaus.org/

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott

RE: maven question

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kyle,

	The first time you need to add an environment in your eclipse settings to define your maven repository home :
	maven -Dmaven.eclipse.workspace=/your/path/to/your/eclipse/workspace eclipse:add-maven-repo

	Then, in any maven project you generate your eclipse configuration :
	maven eclipse
	and you import it in eclipse (import an existing project ... in eclipse)

Arnaud