Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tolou Taherinia <to...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/06/27 07:06:50 UTC

.Net

Hello all,

  Is it possible to run .Net application on Linux/appache server?

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------
 All new Yahoo! Mail -
---------------------------------

Re: Tomcat Monitoring

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
moskito.anotheria.net
and you are probably interested in the RequestURIFilter

http://moskito.anotheria.net/moskitodemo/mui/mskShowProducer?pProducerId=RequestURIFilter

regards
Leon

RE: Tomcat Monitoring

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.

I have a suite of filters, one of which does exactly this.  Mixed in is a
display servlet which dumps out all requests, by URL including request
count, min, max and average request times.  PM me and I'll send it your way.

The main method looks like this, if you want to write your own:

    /**
     * Process the container's filter request.
     * @param request - Request object
     * @param response - response object
     * @param chain - next filter in the chain.
     */
    public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
                         FilterChain chain)
        throws IOException, ServletException
    {
        hitCount++;
        HttpServletRequest httpRequest = (HttpServletRequest)request;
        final String context = httpRequest.getContextPath();
        String uri = httpRequest.getRequestURI();
        uri = uri.substring(context.length());

        URICount count = new URICount(uri, 1);
        synchronized (pages) {
            final int index = pages.indexOf(count);
            if (index < 0) {
                pages.add(count);
            }
            else {
                count = (URICount)pages.get(index);
                count.increment();
            }
        }
        lastRequest = new Date();
        long t0 = System.currentTimeMillis();
        chain.doFilter(request, response);
        long t1 = System.currentTimeMillis();
        final long requestTime = t1-t0;
        count.addTotalTime(requestTime);
        processingTime += requestTime;
        maxProcessingTime =
            (requestTime > maxProcessingTime ? requestTime :
maxProcessingTime);

        if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
            logger.debug(uri + " in " + (t1-t0) + " ms");
        }
    }

Tim

RE: Tomcat Monitoring

Posted by Kirst Martin Wolfgang <MK...@PortolanCS.com>.
> What is recommended for monitoring Tomcat? Or is there anything built
in
> that can help monitoring the performance and the state of the thread
> pools?

For general purpose use jconsole.exe from SUN's JDK.

> More specifically, I'm trying to find a way to time how long it take
> from the moment a request was received and when the response was
> returned.

Hmm, maybe it's better to use performance analyzer like the
"Test and Performance Tools Platform" (a.k.a. TPTP) from Eclipse.

Regards
 Martin

Tomcat Monitoring

Re: .Net

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
With the exception of DB access since mod_aspdotnet is discontinued there's
no ability to tie the systems together ?
M--

Re: .Net

Posted by Tolou Taherinia <to...@yahoo.ca>.
Any idea on which version of Unix(red hat, suse, fedora, etc) will work better mono?

  Thanks

Jacob Rhoden <ja...@uptecs.com> wrote:
  Tolou Taherinia wrote:
> I have found mod_aspdotnet a loadable Apache 2 module for serving ASP.NET content using the Microsoft ASP.NET hosting and Microsoft .NET runtime within the Apache HTTP Server process. Is mono a better solution?

The first hit on a google search says mod_aspdotnet is discontinued and
no longer supported.

Microsoft products such as ASP.NET only run on Windows. This
information is stated in the second hit in a google search for
mod_aspdotnet.

If you want to run on linux use mono.

---------------------------------

Re: .Net

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: .Net

Posted by Tolou Taherinia <to...@yahoo.ca>.
Any idea on which version of Unix(red hat, suse, fedora, etc) will work better with mono?

Re: .Net

Posted by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@uptecs.com>.

Re: .Net

Posted by Tolou Taherinia <to...@yahoo.ca>.
I have found mod_aspdotnet  a loadable Apache 2 module for serving  ASP.NET content using the Microsoft ASP.NET hosting and Microsoft .NET runtime within the Apache HTTP Server process. Is mono a better solution?

Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com> wrote:
  Google for project MONO. This is open source version of .NET runtime

Re: .Net

Posted by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com>.