Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ac...@aol.com on 2004/07/17 23:45:10 UTC

[users@httpd] hosting more than one site on my apache server...can I do it?

My friend told me he lets people host their sites off of his PC and server
all the time. I tried to set one up for a friend of mine. I just made a new
folder with all of his site in it, just like my main webfolder, and tried to
access it. (mydomainname/hiswebfolder) Nothing happened. When I put the extra slash
at the end (mydomainname/hiswebfolder/) it just listed all of the items in
his directory.

-background info
My domain name links to my IP address, which of course is my real site
address.

-Andrew

PS: Thanks in advance.