Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gregory, Carlton" <cg...@scn.spawar.navy.mil> on 2003/06/27 21:21:41 UTC

JDBC Pooling Clarification

After googling to countless pages on connection pooling I figured I should
ask the list for some clarification.

According to this doc:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-how
to.html

DBCP is what Tomcat uses to perform connection pooling.

         Question 1. This package is used REGARDLESS of what database you
are using?

         Question 2. If DBCP does not have to be used then I could use
Oracles connection pooling AND connection cache?

         Question 3. Is DBCP apart of JNDI?

         Question 4. Is it possible to have multiple users use the SAME
connection pool, and in my respect with Oracle a connection cache?

Im using Oracel 8.1.7.4.10
 omcat 4.1.24
Apache 2.0.45
Win2k Pro