Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David Garrett <dg...@communication.concepts.cc> on 2006/08/09 14:13:54 UTC

Workflow Guidance

Sorry for the repetition.

I need to get some workflows from pre-shark workflow to work with the latest
ofbiz version. I am happy to put in the work where required however I first
need some guidance.

Is the current Shark implementation able to run a workflow or is it still
non-operational (I don't know)?

Am I best to initially use the "legacy" ofbiz-workflow?

Am I best to initially use the Shark workflow?

What is the best/fastest path to an operational result?

I am not after a full Shark implemenation. All I am looking for is a similar
level of implementation as previously was available.

Thanks for the guidance

David G

Re: Workflow Guidance

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
The best path would be to use Shark as the established direction is
to deprecate the OFBiz Workflow Engine in favor of Shark with an
OFBiz integration.

The fastest path? I don't know. I recommend playing around with
Shark, and compare that to your experiences with the OFBiz Workflow
Engine.

No one else seems to be answering, and for the most part the workflow
stuff in OFBiz has been ignored over time, so unless someone chimes
in with some experience-based comments I'm not sure what else to say...

Andy Zeneski is the main person on the workflow front and who wrote
nearly all of both the OFBiz Workflow Engine and the Shark
integration with OFBiz, so you might try contracting with him if
you'd like help with or feedback on this. He may see this message and
reply, but I think he's pretty busy with a contract and some personal
things right now.

-David