Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Herb Eichner <he...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/10 14:35:33 UTC

difficulty with tiny windows & compatibility with cell phone

Why does open office sometimes open in a cramped window, where the words are so tiny I cannot see them, and copy & past does not work?
How can I adjust it? When I click on full screen, all I get is the cramped window in one corner of a big full screen window. I hope I am understood. This is difficult to describe.
Does Apache Open Office have a phone number too, for support?
Is there an app. that will make open office work on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime cell phone? Is it compatible?
Thanks; Herb Eichner of heichner2@gmail.com
Ph. 780-433-5521
Cell Pone= 780-700-6242

RE: difficulty with tiny windows & compatibility with cell phone

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
 1. There is no version of Apache OpenOffice for Android phones, including the Samsung Galaxy.

 2. It appears that the Zoom has been accidentally changed.  When you open a document that has this problem, look in the lower right corner of the OpenOffice window (the status line).  You will see a % number and next to that you will see a slider.  Adjust the slider so that the zoom changes to 100% or any other value that is comfortable for your viewing.

If this works, please reply to the users@openoffice.apache.org to let us know that problem is solved.

 3. Apache OpenOffice is a free software package provided by volunteers on their own time.  There is no telephone support.  The public mailing list you reached is where volunteers -- other users of the software -- offer their own support to other users by responses on the mailing list.

 - Dennis