Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jakub Nietrzeba <gl...@usbmis.pl> on 2004/04/01 10:38:32 UTC

Properties

How put non standard properties into files eg. copyright or log?
This should work like $Id$ or $Rev$.
Please help.

Thank you

Re: Properties

Posted by Michael W Thelen <th...@cs.utah.edu>.
* Jakub Nietrzeba <gl...@usbmis.pl> [2004-04-01 09:53]:
> How put non standard properties into files eg. copyright or log?
> This should work like $Id$ or $Rev$.
> Please help.

Unfortunately I believe there is no way to do this.  Chapter 7 in the book
lists the five possible keywords: LastChangedDate (Date), LastChangedRevision
(Rev), LastChangedBy (Author), HeadURL (URL), and Id.

-- Mike

--
Michael W. Thelen
The great thing about democracy is that is gives every voter a chance to do

Re: Properties

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Jakub Nietrzeba wrote:
> This is ok. But I want to something like this: everywhere in the text
> $copyright$ will be replaced with $copyright Jakub Nietrzeba $. This can be
> used to manage licenses, abouts, or version logs. At beggining of each file
> I want to add license and about. If I change about text it will be replaced
> in whole repository. :)

As I believe someone already stated, this is not currently possible.  I am
actually working on a patch which refines the keyword feature so that it might
be possible in the future, but I wouldn't count on it for 1.1.x certainly.  Some
parts of the changes might not be possible until 2.x comes out (to maintain API
compatibility).

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group

Re: Properties

Posted by Jakub Nietrzeba <gl...@usbmis.pl>.

> Concerning Properties
> Jakub Nietrzeba wrote on 1 Apr 2004, 12:38, at least in part:
>
> > How put non standard properties into files eg. copyright or log? This
> > should work like $Id$ or $Rev$. Please help.
>
> svn propset copyright "copyright Jakub Nietrzeba"
> path/to/your/working_copy
>
> (should go on one single line).

This is ok. But I want to something like this: everywhere in the text
$copyright$ will be replaced with $copyright Jakub Nietrzeba $. This can be
used to manage licenses, abouts, or version logs. At beggining of each file
I want to add license and about. If I change about text it will be replaced
in whole repository. :)

Thanx

Re: Properties

Posted by Jan Hendrik <ja...@bigfoot.com>.
Concerning Properties
Jakub Nietrzeba wrote on 1 Apr 2004, 12:38, at least in part:

> How put non standard properties into files eg. copyright or log? This
> should work like $Id$ or $Rev$. Please help.

svn propset copyright "copyright Jakub Nietrzeba"
path/to/your/working_copy

(should go on one single line).

Jan Hendrik
Freedom quote:

     The most dangerous man, to any government,
     is the man who is able to think things out for himself,
     without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos.
                -- H. L. Mencken, 1919