Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by opick <o_...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/12 23:45:49 UTC

ServerSideTabSwitch in panelTabbedPane

Hi,

we are facing a (we assume) limitation in the panelTabbedPane of myFaces. If
we use serverSideTabeSwitch=true, to keep page sizes small, we have a
problem with the seam-lifecycle.

During a tab-switch obviously only few phases are called and for us
important phases like update-model-values are skipped.

We want to display some information (product-details) onto a few tabs. If we
switch to a new product, only the tab which was active in that moment will
display correct values. If we switch a tab after selecting a new product in
the next tab will still be the old values (we assume) because not all phases
are executed (validation, model-update, invoke application).

Is this a bug or known limitation of the panelTabbedPane or is there a
chance to go through all phases, when switching tabs?

Thanks for help,
Oliver

Re: ServerSideTabSwitch in panelTabbedPane

Posted by opick <o_...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

may be one additional question related to this toppic. Is there a
possibility to influence the phases-lifecycle within some custom components?
Might there a chance to extend a component and set there the missing phases?

Best regards,
Oliver