Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/06/06 15:45:11 UTC

Re: [STATUS] Fri Jun 6 08:12:55 EDT 1997

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >  * Debate branching
>
> Hasn't that bit finished?

Roy raises some good questions and suggestions on this topic. The
CVS archive has been branched for 1.2.x development. What we do
with the HEAD is up to us. Be it 1.3 development or 2.0.

Roy raises concern about the size that the CVS database will reach
if we don't create a new repository for apache2. Seems that at
least in the initial few months, it could be useful to easily diff
against older versions of Apache. ?? Carefully bringing up the
example of FreeBSD.... Apache is a much smaller codebase and seems
that it would not be a problem to maintain all versions in the same
repository.  ??

> > Post 1.2:
> > ---------
>
> Also 1.3 - NT/95 support...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

Ah, I thought I remembered a good reason for 1.3.