Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/16 23:21:01 UTC

How to set the environment variables in Hadoop 2.2.0

The hadoop document below  suggests that the following variables be set
inorder for Hadoop to prioritize the client jars over the Hadoop jars ,
however , I am not sure how to set them can someone please tell me how to
set these .

*HADOOP_USER_CLASSPATH_FIRST=true* and *HADOOP_CLASSPATH*
=...:hadoop-examples-1.x.x.jar to run their target examples jar, and add
the following configuration in mapred-site.xml to make the processes in
YARN containers pick this jar as well.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/MapReduce_Compatibility_Hadoop1_Hadoop2.html

Thanks.