Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by IAS <ma...@iasandcb.pe.kr> on 2002/10/31 06:11:21 UTC

feedback from adopting Forrest to renew my site with i18n support

I renovated my site http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr with Forrest.
What I've been focusing on is i18n support, and the site shows clearly
how it works. You can download its source files at
http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/2g/ias-site.zip.
Mainly I changed the following things:
In sitemap.xmap,
<map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
                src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
                mime-type="application/pdf">
-->     <user-config src="c:/java/ias/userconfig.xml"/>
   </map:serializer>
userconfig.xml and cyberbit.xml are for non-Latin-1 characters.

In skins/ias-site/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl,
all the values of "font-family attribute are converted to Cyberbit.

In skinconf.xml,
DTD definitions for host-url element are added.

As a result, the site displays not only Korean characters but only
Japanese characters. Moreover, generated PDF files also display all the
characters without broken ones.

Thanks very much.

IAS

Independent Java Technology Evangelist
http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr

Jakarta Seoul Project Coordinator
http://jakarta.apache-korea.org

RE: feedback from adopting Forrest to renew my site with i18n support

Posted by IAS <ma...@iasandcb.pe.kr>.

It's my great honor for you to do so. :)
> > What I've been focusing on is i18n support, and the site shows
clearly
> > how it works. You can download its source files at
> > http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/2g/ias-site.zip.
> > Mainly I changed the following things:
> > In sitemap.xmap,
> > <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
> >                 src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
> >                 mime-type="application/pdf">
> > -->     <user-config src="c:/java/ias/userconfig.xml"/>
> >    </map:serializer>
> > userconfig.xml and cyberbit.xml are for non-Latin-1 characters.
> >
> > In skins/ias-site/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl,
> > all the values of "font-family attribute are converted to Cyberbit.
> >
> > In skinconf.xml,
> > DTD definitions for host-url element are added.
>
> Oh yes, I'll add that to Forrest.
In addition, it might be better for skinconf.xml file to have DTD
definitions (and some examples) for searchsite-domain and
searchsite-name elements.

> --Jeff
>
> > As a result, the site displays not only Korean characters but only
> > Japanese characters. Moreover, generated PDF files also display all
the
> > characters without broken ones.

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html

ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/extras/fonts/windows/Cyberbit.ZI

> > Thanks very much.
> >
> > IAS

Thanks.

Re: feedback from adopting Forrest to renew my site with i18n support

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.